Forestwest is providing specials on our most popular products, the kinetic log splitter. Today I want to talk about why you should start preparing your firewood in spring and why you should choose a kinetic log splitter.
The main reason why you should start preparing your firewood now is beacuse all firewood need seasoning. Seasoning means drying your wood in a season and prepare them for winter. Freshly cut firewood has a lot of moisture, in fact up to 45% of its weight is made up of water. It’s hard to start the fire and just as hard to keep them burning, and the energy is wasted on drying the wood instead of heating your house, let alone the smoke that will blacken everything near the fire. On the other hand, the seasoned firewood only have less than 20% moisture content, they are lighter in weight, a lot easier to ignite, and burns cleaner. Another advantage of seasoning firewood is mold has less opportunity to establish itself, so mold has less chances spreading in your house.
Now, why you should choose a kinetic log splitter to help you split firewood? The obvisou reason is, most Australia woods are very hard to split with a hand splitter. But why kineic log splitter? Today I give you 6 reasons.
1. Their full cycle time is as little as 2.5 seconds, compared to 15s-30s on hydraulic ones. Those seconds add up when you're splitting cord after cord. This makes them about 6 times faster than most hydraulic models.
2. Their capacities are not rated the same as hydraulic log splitter, because the force they produce comes in one quick thrust, instead of a prolonged push. So here at Forestwest, we tell you what hydraulic tonnage our kinetic log splitters could outsplit. For example, the 15ton kinetic log splitter can outsplit a 15ton hydraulic one.
3. They're easier to maintain. With no hydraulic oil or pumps, kinetic log splitters are much easier to maintain than hydraulic units. No leaky valves, no messy oil. The only maintenance a kinetic splitter needs is to keep the track clean, and lubricate the rack every now and then.
4. Yes, they can handle tough logs. We have tested with Jarrah, Red Gum, White Gum, Simon Gum, Banksia, Wandoo, Tuart, etc. on different models, and they prove that they can handle these Australian hard wood.
5. They are available in electric and petrol models. Electric log splitters are a great way to be able to split wood indoors – say in your shed or barn – or just have the convenience of not having to deal with messy oil and gas. Electric hydraulic splitters are usually only available at very low tonnages (3-ton, 5-ton, etc.), but we introduced an electric-powered kinetic log splitter that can out split any 26-ton hydraulic!
6. Kinetic technology is nothing new. While applying kinetic technology to log splitting may be a relatively new concept, the system itself has been around for ages.
Forestwest is providing specials on our basic but very effective models, the 7ton kineitc log splitte and 10ton kinetic log splitter. They have all been tested with Australian firewood, Jarrah, Stringy Bark, Yellow Box, and even some redgum. You can see the testing videos on our website. They are perfect for supplying firewood for household use.
1. 7ton Kinetic Log Splitter, Only $569.
2. 10ton Kinetic Log Splitter, Only $659.
3. 10ton Kinetic Log Splitter with Stand, Only $719.
Feel free to check our website: https://www.forestwest.com.au/monthly-sale, Or contact us at 1300 281 198.